After publishing the article about Panel3D, I received a few excellent pieces of feedback. I implemented the features and improvements this evening, and updated the article/downloads to reflect the changes.
Here are the changes I made:
- Exposed MaxVisibleModels as a public property
- Added the IsMovingItems property
- Added the GetVisibleIndexFromChildIndex method
- Added (to the demo app) the ability to bring an item to the front of the 3D scene when you click on it.
- Rewrote the logic that keeps Panel3D in sync with the selected item of the owning Selector control, so that it does not create a memory leak.
The article and source code can be found here.